Virtualization is used in computing, and it’s been around since 1960s. Basically, virtualization is the process of creating computer-based simulations or representations of systems such as servers; computer hardware; operating systems; computer networks; and storage devices.
Virtualization can increase flexibility and scalability in an organization, and reduce operational cost of your business. Other benefits of virtualization include: minimized downtime and availability of software-based data center. Since virtualization relies on software such as the hypervisor, you need a computer or a laptop that is dedicated to running such software. Your home laptop might be unable to handle the hypervisor software. You will, therefore, need a computer that is designed to withstand overheating, and is equipped with high performance technology that can run virtualization software smoothly, without any glitches.
What are the laptop specifications and configurations that you should look for?
For your laptop to run virtual machine as smoothly as possible, there are system requirements it should meet. The following are the ideal system requirements that your laptop should have for it to handle virtualization task:
The processor is like the brain of your laptop. It fetches, decodes and execute the information from various programs, software and applications in your laptop, and then writes back the information it receives from those programs and software.
Since virtualization is an intensive computational process, you need a processor with multi cores. Also, you need a sixth or seventh generation processor which is dedicated to give you a result that you need. For a good virtualization, look for a laptop with quad core processor, and is i7 or higher. Processors such as i7 6700HQ or the i7 7700 HQ are ideal for your virtualization laptop. Therefore, when a laptop has one of these processors, it’s a laptop that you should not ignore. The ‘Q’ at the end of the processor name shows you that the processor has quad cores (4 cores.)
For a smoothly running virtualization, your laptop needs a minimum RAM of 16GB. This Ram will speed up your laptop’s time of access of the random data by the processor. This will make your virtualization software to run smoothly and efficiently. So, when looking for a virtualization laptop that you could use with virtual machine, fix your eyes on 16 GB RAM for an excellent performance.
For the best performance in terms of speed of access of data, buy a laptop with a 256 GB SSD disk; or a Hybrid of both the SATA and the SSD disk types. The SSD storage disks are more expensive than their SATA counterparts. But since they perform faster than SATA, they are worth considering, especially when you want a laptop that performs excellently. Additionally, laptops with SSD storage space reboot faster and takes shorter time to resume after the reboot.
But, you could buy laptops with the NVidia or other graphics cards which have video RAM for a more clear data display. This will add some advantage to your virtualization.
Large laptops are very friendly to upgrades and can handle heating stress better than their thin and smaller counterparts. When you want to upgrade your RAM or storage space, a larger laptop will let you have an easy upgrade. So, you could choose a reasonably large laptop for your virtualization. A laptop with a 17 inches screen is ideal for virtualization.
Once you have considered all the above specifications when buying a laptop. You could go on to choose a laptop of your favorite color and design. But just make sure that it has all the key requirements that are needed for a smooth and excellent-performing virtualization. There are a dozen of laptops that you could buy for your virtualization spree.
Top 10 Laptops for Virtualization Software like VmWare, Parallels or VirtualBox
Laptops play a key role in virtualization. And for that reason, you should only buy those that are designed to handle the virtualization task. Unfortunately, your home or personal computer cannot handle VmWare or Parallels virtualization software. But don’t worry because there are at least 10 laptops made for your virtualization needs. So, what are they? And what are their specifications?
Acer Aspire E 15
The Acer Aspire E 15 laptop is indeed one of the best machines that will handle your VmWare virtualization software. From just $599.99, you will get this incredible laptop from online stores. So, what makes this laptop very capable of handling your virtualization needs?
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory, 256GB SSD
- 8X DVD Double-Layer Drive RW
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
This laptop comes with an 8th generation Intel core i5- 8250U processor that will run your virtual machine smoothly fast, at a clock speed of 1.6GHz. You won’t experience any hassle with such an impressive 8th generation processor. The processor speed can be boosted up to 3.4GHz, thanks to its turbo boost tech.
Such a processor needs a powerful RAM to operate. And the Acer Company understands that. That’s why they have equipped this laptop with an 8GB dual channel ram that will work hand in hand with your processor to give you a remarkable virtualization experience. Also, this laptop has an internal storage of 256 GB solid state drive. This kind of drive makes sure that your Acer Aspire E 15 takes the shortest time possible to be up and running, after a reboot.
And to make sure that you have the best graphics or image display, this laptop comes with a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card. This graphics card, together with a 15.6 inch FHD screen will provide you with high quality images when running your virtualization software. What’s more, this screen has a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels. The battery life is excellent, running for up to 15 hours. With all these specifications, this laptop is ideal for your virtual machine.
HP Pavilion 15- CX0056WM Gaming Laptop
Another great laptop that will handle your VmWare virtual machine without any problem, is the HP Pavilion 15- CX0056WM Gaming Laptop. Built with high quality materials, this laptop is there to last long. So, what makes it capable of handling your virtualization software?
- 8th Generation Intel Mobil Quad-Core i5-8300H 2.3GHz up to 4GHz, 8MB cache.
- 8GB DDr4-2666 SDRAM, 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive.
- 15.6″ diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated.
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, HP Imagepad, 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5, SD media reader.
- 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data transfer only, up to 5 Gb/s); 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo, Windows 10.
The laptop is equipped with an 8th generation Intel Mobil quad core i5- 8300H processor with a clock speed of 2.3GHz. This clock speed can be boosted up to 4GHz, thereby running your virtualization software much faster and smoother. And when this processor is combined with its 8GB DDr4-2666 SD ram, you get even a better performance.
This laptop also comes with a 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive, which can store some of your most important data or information. With this ample storage space, your virtualization experience will be enjoyable. And for you to get the best and high quality images, a high tech screen or display, together with a dedicated graphics card, work in harmony. This laptop has a 15.6 inch FHD IPS display with an anti-glare technology. The screen has a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels. When this resolution is combined with the 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, you will have a magnificent image clarity. You could get this amazing laptop that can run for an impeccable 7.5 hours for $605.
Asus VivoBook F510UA-AH51
Another great laptop that you could buy for using it with VmWare or Parallels is the Asus VivoBook F510UA. From just $509.99, you could get it from online stores. So, what are the specifications that make it ready for the task?
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 14.2″ wide, 0.8″ thin and portable footprint with 0.3″ NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen-to-body ratio
- 15.6″ anti-glare Full HD display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD
- Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor, Windows 10 Home
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi keeps you connected through any congestion or interference
The Asus VivoBook F510UA has an impressive 8th generation Intel core i5-8250U processor with a clock speed of 1.6GHz. This speed can be boosted up to 3.4GHz, thanks to its turbo boost. When this impeccable processor is combined with its 8GB DDr4 ram, you get an equally impeccable and lightning fast performance.
At to make sure that you not only view large images but quality images as well, this laptop is equipped a 15.6 inch FHD display that has the anti-glare tech. The display also has a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels. When such an impressive screen is combined with its 8GB Intel UHD 620 graphics card, you get an even better display of your data.
The laptop has an ample storage space in its 1TB mechanical hard drive, to help you store all your valuable data/information. Also, this laptop is capable of running for an average of 5 hours. Will all these specs, this laptop will run your virtual machine smoothly and for a long time.
Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H
From as little as $379.99, you could get the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H from online stores for your virtualization software. Running for approximately 13.5 hours, this laptop will provide enough service for a reasonable amount of time.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8X DVD
- Up to 13.5-hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
It comes with an 8th generation 2.2GHz Intel core i3-8130U processor that works with a 6GB DDr3 ram, to speed up your whole VmWare virtualization system. Also, this laptop has a 1TB 5400 rpm mechanical hard drive for your data storage.
The processor and the ram speeds up your software. But for you to get the best high quality images, the GPU or graphics and a high screen resolution will help you. And this laptop has exactly what you need. It has a dedicated 2GB Intel graphics chip and a 15.6 inches Full HD LED-lit screen or display with a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels.
And in case you need to connect your laptop to other devices, this laptop comes with different types of ports: one- USB 2.0 port; one- HDMI port with a HDCP support; and three- USB 3.0 port. All these features and specifications makes Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H a laptop that you could count on to deliver a magnificent and an excellent performance.
The MSI GV62 8RD-200
And the list goes on. Another great option at just $799.00, is the MSI GV62 8RD-200. It also has what it takes to run your virtualization software like VmWare or Parallels. For you to run a virtualization software smoothly and efficiently, you need a laptop with the latest processor, sufficient ram and a dedicated display that works with an equally dedicated graphics chip. The MSI GV62 8RD-200 comes with all these features and specifications, making it another good quality laptop that you could use to run your virtual machine.
- Display: 15.6″ Full HD EDP IPS-Level | Operating System: Win 10 Multi-language
- Processor: New Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8300H 2.3 – 4.0GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4G GDDR5
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB | Storage: New Intel Optane 16GB + 1TB (5400RPM)
- Special Features: 1 Year Limited warranty (Include 1 Year Global) | Intel Optane Memory (16GB): Launches programs faster, Powers quicker access to files, Loads game levels in an instant
It has a new 8th generation Intel core i5-8300H processor which has an incredible 2.3-4.0GHz clocking speed. Also, it has an incredible 16GB DDr4 ram that works together with your processor to give you a very smooth and fast performance.
Also, this laptop has a 15.5” Full HD EDP IPS display, which as a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels, that will give you a very clear and high quality graphics display. And to make sure that your graphics are clearer, this laptops has a 4G NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics chip that enhances your image quality.
The MSI GV62 8RD-200 comes with an enormous 1TB 5400rpms SATA drive that makes sure that you access your data at lightning-fast speed. This laptop has what it takes to run your virtualization software. You could choose it if you want fast and smooth program launch and run.
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL
From just $715.10, you will get the incredible Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL laptop that will handle your virtual machine smoothly and at lightning-fast speed. With its 7th generation Intel core i5-7300HQ processor that clocks at an impressive 2.5GHz, you will have an excellent-performing virtualization software. And with its 8GB DDr4 2400MHZ ram, your VmWare virtualization software performance is even faster.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ Processor (Up to 2.5 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- 8GB DDR4 Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 8.5-hours of battery life
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL also comes with a fast-performing 256GB SSD drive that accesses your data faster than most laptops do. This will ensure that you can access any data in your laptop just by a single tap.
And for you to have the clearest images, this laptop comes with a large size display, which also has a high resolution. The screen is a 15.5” Full HD IPS, with a 1920Ð1080 pixels resolution. When this display comes into play with a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphics chip, you will have one of the best graphics that a virtualization software can have.
The battery is very okay, and will last you for 8.5 hours. And if you need to connect your laptop to other devices, you could use connectivity options such as: Bluetooth 4.0; one- USB 3.0 port; two- USB 2.0 ports; and one- HDMI 2.0 port. All these features makes Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL laptop one of the best laptops that you could choose for your virtualization software.
Asus FX504GD-ES51 TUF Gaming Laptop
From an affordable price of $699.00, you will get the Asus FX504GD-ES51 TUF Gaming Laptop from online stores such as Amazon. This is, also, another option that you could consider for VmWare, Parallels on any another virtual machine. This laptop incorporates a futuristic design and an excellent performance in one case!
- Durability – Desktop-style red-backlit keyboard with 1.8mm key travel distance and rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H processor (up to 3.9GHz) and GeForce GTX 1050 for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- Portable design with 0.98″ thin profile and weight of only 5.07 lbs
- 1TB FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive, up to 5x faster than traditional HDD
- 8GB DDR4 high-frequency 2666MHz RAM
- Gigabit Wave 2 WiFi. Up to 1.73Gbps with 2X2 802.11ac
It has an 8th generation Intel Core i5-8300H processor that clocks at an amazing 3.9GHz. And when this powerful processor is combined with the 8GB DDr4 2666MHz ram, your virtualization program or software will run very smoothly.
But a fast, smooth performance isn’t enough. You need high quality image display. This laptop has two components to give you a very clear and high quality image and other data display. These two components include: A 15.6” Full HD display with a resolution of 1920Ð1080 pixels; and a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics chip.
And since you will need ample storage space for all your data, Asus FX504GD-ES51 TUF Gaming Laptop comes with a 1TB FireCuda solid state hybrid drive that is up to 5 times faster than the traditional HDD. You will, therefore, access your data faster when you are using this laptop.
All these vital features makes Asus FX504GD-ES51 TUF Gaming Laptop one of the options you have while buying a laptop for your virtualization software.
Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE-ES72
For $897.98, you will get the amazing Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE-ES72 from online stores such as Amazon. This laptop is also another great choice when you’re looking for a laptop that you can count on. This laptop has an 8th generation Intel core i7-8750H processor that will run your virtualization software smoothly, even when you have opened other programs.
- Value – Comes with Gears of War 4 and Age of Empires Definitive Edition
- Durability – Dual fans with anti-dust technology. Red-backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H processor (up to 3.9GHz) and GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- Portable gaming laptop design with 0.98″ thin profile and weight of only 5.07 lbs
- 256GB M.2 SSD, 8GB DDR4 high-frequency 2666MHz RAM
Also, it comes with a powerful 8GB DDr4 ram that has a frequency of 2666MHZ, to give you a lightning-fast performance, even when you’re running other programs. And when you need a space to store all your data, this laptop has you covered. It has a 256GB SSD drive with an excellent speed, to make you access all the data inside your laptop in split seconds.
What’s more, this laptop has an incredible display that works together with an incredible graphics card, to give you a high quality image, thanks to its 15.6” FHD display; and a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics chip.
The battery is excellent, and will keep you going for quite a long time before charging it. Also, this laptop connects very fast to the internet, making it one of the best laptops that you could rely on.
Acer Chrome book CB3-132-C4VV
Now, this next laptop will not break your wallet since it only costs $189.99 in Amazon. It’s another laptop which you could use to run your virtual machine. So, what are the specs?
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Intel Celeron N3060, 11.6” HD Display, 4GB Memory, 16GB eMMC and Up to 10-hour Battery Life
This laptop runs on Chrome Operating system. It has an 11.6 inches of HD display, which is still large enough for your virtualization software. And with a 4GB DDr3 SDRAM, this laptop will deliver a remarkable result when you are operating your software. It has an Intel Celeron N3060 processor with a clocking speed of 1.6GHz, which will make sure that you run your VmWare Virtual Machine at an amazing speed.
Other features include: a 16GB SSD drive; Intel HD graphics chip; an 802.11.ac wireless connectivity; and a display resolution which stands at 1366Ð768 pixels. The battery life is very good, it will take you through your virtualization Showtime for 10hours. For easy connectivity with other devices, this laptop has one- USB 3.0 port and one- USB 2.0 port. The laptop is also lightweight as it weighs only 2.43 pounds. As such, you could carry this laptop to wherever you are going. All these specifications makes this laptop an ideal solution for your virtualization laptop.
HP PAVILION 3WE99UA Gaming Laptop
This laptop will cost you around $646.98 if you buy it from Amazon. It’s also a very reputable laptop that you could use for your virtualization software since it will run it at lightning-fast speed, and clearly. By now you already know what specifications a laptop should have for it to run your VmWare virtual machine excellently. You need a laptop with the latest processor, sufficient ram, a dedicated graphics chip that works with a high resolution display. You also need enough storage space for all your data. And lastly, you need a long-life battery. This laptop has the following features:
- An 8th generation Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8300H quad core processor, with a clocking speed of 2.3GHZ that can be boosted up to 4.0GHZ.
- An 8GB DDr4 SDRAM, with a speed of 2666MHZ that’s not upgradable.
- 1TB Hybrid drive, with a speed of 5400rpm.
- A dedicated 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics chip.
- This laptop has 15.6 inch FHD IPS display which has an anti-glare technology.
- This laptop operates on Windows 10.
This laptop also has all the specifications for a VmWare virtualization software. It’s a good option for you if you’re looking for an excellent performance.